Sardine / Sardin Hitam / 黑沙丁
- Have you tried fresh sardine before? Assam Laksa hawker stalls in Penang uses local caught sardine because it gives the broth a rich seafood flavour.
- Sardines are small but packed with nutrition, high in protein and loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, iron, and potassium. This very versatile fish can be pan-fried, stir-fried, grilled with lemon and spices, or add them in the next time you plan to cook Penang Laksa!
- Supply Origin: Kuala Selangor, Sekinchan, Hutan Melintang.
- Gross Weight : 1kg (7-9 pieces).
- Descaled, gutted, cleaned and vacuumed packed (expect overall weight to drop by 10-20% after processing).